Why shouldn’t Dr. Manmohan Singh, be the next PM?
Some feedback gathered from Linkedin community:
1. failed in his job. people are more miserable than 5 yrs back.
2. not tough against terrorism
4. degraded the position of the prime minister of India and lowered it’s prestige
5. a puppet of party president.
6. no mass following. not a powerful & charismatic leader
Only one reason: Congress should loose these elections for making “italian mafia type leadership” rule. The country needs a break.
This important position only for that person who is capable to take position of leading millions of countryman to safe, sound and quiet life. Instead of giving false promises of improving economy in 100 days the aspiring person should take the nation to the World recognition in areas of technology, investment profiles and show competency of manpower of this country.
You are living in a fool’s paradise.
Nowhere in the world Indian technology has actually made a mark. India is just well known as a low cost, effective service provider. India’s independent contribution to intellectual property and innovation is negligible. True, India’s biggest asset is it’s high quality Human Resources.
Do you mean that MMS has provided us with safe, sound, secure and quiet life?
You talk about capability, so pl answer about the capabilities of President of India, Defence Minister, Home Minister, Finance, ….. bunch of jokers.
It’s time to change this incompetent government.
It is not fools’ paradise
It is the hypocracy which is prevalent in this country. I am never in favour of Congress because of this element And believe it do you (I refer the citizen of this country) have guts to get up like Jayprakash Narayan and challenge the Dos and Donts. Do we have guts like Ratan Tata to switch over the venue of NENO production? Do we have guts like Narendra Modi to have positive thinking? Do we have guts like Sanjay Gandhi to be Pro active? Likewise there are many qualities of different people which should be considered rather than thinking it is Congress which only have good leaders. MMS and NR both remained in power for 5 years but took country into reverse gear.
Nonetheless, it is electorate who will decide the fate of this country not you or I .
It is surely a time to change this country will the good leader but not of Congress.
• Nov. 7th 2006: Mumbai Train Blasts. 209 Killed.
• Aug. 25th 2007: Hyderbad Blasts: 42 Killed
• Oct. 11th 2007: Ajmer Blasts : 2 Killed
• May 13 th 2008: Jaipur Blasts : 68 Killed
• July 16th 2008: Ahmedabad Blasts : 57 Killed
• July 25th 2008: Banglaore Blasts: 1 killed
• Sept. 13th 2008: Delhi Blasts: 26 Killed
• Sept. 27th 2008: Delhi Blasts: 2 Killed
• Sept. 29th 2008 : Gujarat Blasts : 1 killed
• Oct. 21st 2008: Imphal Blasts : 17 Killed
• Oct. 30th 2008: Assam Blasts : 40 Killed
• Nov. 26th 2008: Mumbai Attack: 180 killed
1. Every major city in India has been attacked consistently over the last two years. Since 2004, 3850 Indians have died in Terror attacks in over 300 incidents. Is the common Indian on the streets really safe?
2. Last year our Govt. has given around Rs 3000 crores (600 Million Dollars) to Afghanistan? This, when victims of terror in India have not yet got aid? What’s going on? http://www.rediff.com/news/2008/aug/11pant.htm
3. “And as per the CAG website (Controller Audit General of India) more than 50,000crores rupees has gone missing from the Govt. Treasury” ( http://www.cag.gov.in/html/reports/civil/2007-08_CA13_civil/chap_2.pdf )
4. Government of India gifted $4.5 million (nearly Rs 23 crore) for Harvard University to establish a fund in honor of Prof Amartya Sen, which would help Indian students pursue higher education in that institution. This was to celebrate the 75th birth day of the renowned economist in recognition of his “extraordinary accomplishments” .The government had earlier given £3.2 million (nearly Rs 26 crore) to the Cambridge University’s Judges Business school to celebrate Nehru’s entry as a student of Trinity College. Why should a developing country like India fund the cash-rich institutions of the West? http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1214632
5. When Madarasas are being shut down in Pakistan, the Indian Government is giving them CBSE status !! This law is depriving Muslim children in getting secular education. A Madarasa educated person can get a job in any government office without going through the secular education system. Can India afford to have fundamentalists in government departments? Why cannot the government shut down Madarasa and let Muslim children study with the rest?
6. http://www.crisisgroup.org/home/index.cfm?id=4742 http://www.indianexpress.com/news/madrasa-certificates-will-now-be-cbse-equivalent/404478/
7. 70 lakh crores rupees of India are lying in Switzerland banks. This is the highest amount lying outside any country, from amongst 180 countries of the world. German Government has officially written to Indian Government that they are willing to inform the details of holders of 70 lakh crore rupees in their Banks, if Indian Government officially asks them. On 22-5-08, this news has already been published in The Times of India and other Newspapers. Present government has adopted a policy of deafening silence and inaction. If the people of India elect a BJP-led NDA Government in May 2009, the BJP has assured the nation that India will join the global effort to get back the real Sovereign Wealth of our country.
Having said all this even BJP, the National Level Alternative, has proved only little better, but for now we need a change. Let us choose the lesser of the two evils. The same present party brought to power again means encouraging unabated corruption and threat to national security.
Stand up for this most tolerant and ancient civilization and prevent this great nation from becoming a communal battleground. As citizens of India we must vote for change.
WAKE UP INDIANS. LETS VOTE FOR CHANGE
With due respect to all of you I simply have following questions for you all;
1. Where is the alternative?
2. What is the guarantee that the alternative will not do the same.
3. Who has guts to bring money lying is Swiss Banks when most parties have close nexus to these people.
4. Who will fight to bring down this close nexus of Politicians, Industrialists, Media People, and people responsible for maintaining law and order in India.
5. Not an easy task……anyway lets fight together.
well are we all ready to form intellectual groups who speak about citizen rights and train the current and young generation on their rights as well as learn to give a mandate to the people who want to be elected which is of the work they need to do in the province they get selected .Mr.Manmohan Singh at least is a qualified and a level headed person. look at the majority they have number of criminal cases running on them .WE NEED CRITERIA’S FOR SELECTION .Well Emotional Quotient as well as the Intelligence Quotient is to be also considered.WE ASK MANY QUESTIONS TO PEOPLE WHO COME FOR GIVING INTERVIEWS , WHEN WE GO FOR BANK LOAN BANKS ASK SO MANY QUESTIONS AND IT GOES ON.BUT NO QUESTIONS ASKED TO THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO RULE US
Frankly, the projected PM candidate by the BJP brings only one thing to my mind: his patently stupid actions that caused communal riots all over the country (including putting my own – and my friends’ lives in danger). How on earth can I ever expect anything constructive from a person who has so amply displayed his utter lack of maturity. I am absolutely unable to recollect a single constructive thing that this former ‘Deputy PM’ has done.So, let us park the ability question.
Are you talking ‘intention’ and ‘sincerity’, then? If someone seriously believes that Mr. Advani scores higher (or even anywhere near) compared to Dr. Singh, I have no words for you :-)Why would you have words, when you do not know what to speak, its because of his single handed bungling that we have landed in the mess we have, the last joke was tytler and sajjan kumar getting back the right to contest elections. all with a sikh pm at the helm.
The no of absolute poor has grown in the country by almost 26% during the Upa regime, the prime architects are Mssrs MMS and co.
Its public knowledge that DR MMS and PC did not see eye to eye on several issues, Primarily India has been led into the mess we are, purely due to the neglect and lack of courage which DR MMS should have shown but never did.
Today from a surplus we are a deficit economy. We fear for our security and our cricketers go to another country to play club cricket, incidentally which is also facing elections, our movement on building infrastructure has completely stalled, business has no access to liquid capital and FII”s are contemplating running away.
in my personal opinion theres no point resting on all the laurels of what he did 20 years ago, anybody with the situation he had then would have done the same, today he does not deserve to be PM
Check his A team out
Kamal Nath, Pranab Mukherjee, PC (NREGS), Sharad Pawar (loan subsidy), AR Antulay, TR Baalu (the man who singlehandedly broke indias infrastructure), Ambumani Ramadoss,
Should i go on
We dont need these guys anymore…
Well..well. I feel your statement is narrow when you stated above MMS as Sikh PM. He has always presented himself as an Indian PM only and never as a PM from a community. ALMOST EVERYONE WILL AGREE TO THIS.
Secondly, please rethink about cricketers playing abroad (It was their choice as no one forced them to go). Actually they could not wait to play club cricket even in this heat, say 4 pm of May, for all commercial reasons and ignoring intelligence inputs when security forces wld be busy in more important task of elections. These guys could not even care for Padamshree awards for such reasons.
Though it is entirely their choice, but at the same time I think it is also a very wise decision not to put people to risk for such club cricket till the elections are over. And you would agree that terrorism is not a threat only from Congress rule. It happened in governments in past (less or more).
CAN I ASK THIS Q?
WHY DONT you give example of India getting MORE CRICKET MATCHES FOR WORLD CUP from Pakistan’s share?
True, congress has screwed up in each & every part of India.
Forget cricket, if congress is around, India might break up due to their divisive policies. At this rate we are headed for civil wars & bloody revolutions.
I hope we get a new government this time.
It seems as if Mr.Ameet and Mr.Jaydeep Roy have been paid by BJP or have certain political connections with BJP and are hell bent on convincing that Congress is wrong why is Mr.Manmohan Singh the wrong P.M beacuse he is educated , cultured and thinks before he speaks and has tolerance levels which many parties don’t have .
Well being soft spoken means what it’s bad ….
Lets be practical and understand what are we trying to provide to our children a country of hatred or love.THE MAIN ASPECT IS WE ALL NEED AN ENVIRONMENT WERE EVERYONES CHILDREN CAN STUDY AND CAN GROW AND BE THE BEST HUMANS AS EXAMPLES FOR US AS WELL AS THE WORLD
You could do even better Joydeep, you could accuse him of being on the payroll of the TALIBAN, Lashkar E Toiba, Jaish E Mohammed, Pseudo Secular Wing of the Congress Party, The Salafi’s & Wahabbis of Saudi Arabia who happen to be funding most of the mosque construction and Madrasa’s in the sub-continent especially in India. Salim also happens to be based in the middle east so you can never rule out Hamas, Hezbollah or President Ahmedinejad’s coterie in Iran.
All That Tripe, does not change the facts in terms of the absolute failure the congress has delivered in the past 5 years, It also does not change the fact that in case the congress does come to power, there is no better leader other than MMS who can keep it together, Rahul Gandhi is not an option yet and no-one else seems to have the political sensibilities or following other than mr pawar who incidentally is a pariah…
BTW, i also do not happen to be a card carrying member of any party, but the work that i see the bjp doing in gujarat rajasthan and karnataka makes me want to be a part of the promise they have. I shall always wish the congress was better, but we would never have been in the mess we are in today were it not for the congress either…
for the data check S P Singh’s post